Affordable Summer Fun: Budget-Friendly Activities to Entertain Your Family
With school out and summer in full swing, families in Calgary have a wonderful opportunity to enjoy quality time together. However, finding affordable activities that keep everyone entertained can be a challenge.
Thankfully, Calgary and its surrounding areas offer a plethora of free or budget-friendly options for family fun. From exploring picturesque parks and engaging in outdoor adventures to attending parades and community events, we’ve curated a collection of ideas to help you make the most of your school break without overspending.
Embrace the joys of budget-friendly family time in Calgary as we guide you through a summer filled with laughter, exploration, and treasured memories.
Here are some of the fantastic activities you can enjoy:
- The Calgary Stampede – July 7-16: Witness the largest Parade in Calgary and enjoy free admission to Stampede Park until 1:30 p.m. on July 7. Family Day on July 9 offers free admission until 11 a.m., along with free pancake breakfast.
- Fluor Rope Square – July 8-15: Start your day with a bacon pancake or smokie, followed by Stampede-style entertainment.
- Music in the Park – Every Wednesday beginning July 12: Enjoy live music in the Heritage Town Square at Heritage Park.
- Visit Kananaski Country – July 15 and more: Explore the beauty of Kananaskis Country on select days, including July 15.
- Fish Creek Provincial Park: Discover the largest urban park in Canada, boasting Artisan Gardens that celebrate Alberta’s history, nature, and art.
- Taste of Okotoks – Saturday, July 22: Enjoy live music, delicious food, boutique shopping, and a street market in Downtown Okotoks.
- Langdon Days – Saturday, July 22: Experience Langdon’s annual softball tournament and explore the town’s small-town charm.
- Shaw Charity Classic – August 16 & 17: Watch some of the greatest names in golf at the Shaw Charity Classic.
- All Sport One Day – Saturday, August 19: Enroll children in free sport sessions to try out new activities.
- Free Programs at Your Local Library: Calgary Public Library offers various free, fun summer programs for children, including magic shows and movies.
- RCMP Police Dog Service Training Centre: Take a day trip to the RCMP dog training facility and enjoy public demonstrations showcasing police dog skills.
These exciting activities and events will help you create lasting memories with your family without stretching your budget. Enjoy a wonderful summer in Calgary filled with fun and adventure!